Monday, May 17

Artists Statement

Photography for me is a way to express myself, and partially, just to have fun. I don't have a specific theme or style, and I think thats why I enjoy doing what I do so much.


I love photographing different objects. If I think it would make an interesting shot, I will take hundreds of pictures of it, even though I know about three of them will turn out good. I really like to take photos from different angles, just to see how it will turn out. Most of the time, it just looks terrible and hideous, but I wasn't trying to get some amazing shot.


My pictures that I really like, I edit them my own special way. I try not to make all of them look the same. For example, when I take a photo of a flower, I like to brighten it up. To me, colorful pictures should be bright and vivid. If I want to create a different mood, I take the brightness down a bit, make the photo warm and cozy.

As you can tell if you look at some of my work, it is pretty random. The reason it's like that is because I love variety. Once I walked through an art gallery. The photos were beautiful, but they were all of horses. I decided then, that I would Start photographing everything. I believe variety and change is what really makes people happy. As with the President of the United States, my photographs will always be changing, but they will still be serving the same purpose.

4 comments:

  1. I think so, I'm not sure though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mark~ I just stopped over from Nikon Sniper Steve's blog. I think it's really cool that you're blogging at 15~ I tried to get my nephew to blog (he's 16) but he's only done a few posts. Keep at it! Also very cool that you have an artists statement~ keep taking & posting your photos... people love to look at pics!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Now I have two 15-year old blogger friends.. the youngest ones :-)

    Me, too.. I love variety and I don't focus on just one subject when it comes to photography, sketching, etc etc.

    I like the photo, by the way. Looking forward to more :-)

    ReplyDelete